I’m starting to think about MdS as a restful vacation with a bit running thrown in. I’m not underestimating the desert...
To Dos and FB Live 41/365Liza
I woke up this morning feeling entirely scattered. All the “To Dos” that I haven’t gotten done this week — like renewing my driver’s license — have piled up. Ahhhhh! I’m hoping more coffee and hours of pressure washing will calm me down. The house painting project is weighing Eliot down, so I want to knock it out as quickly as possible. I depend on his equanimity.
In other news, I’m doing a FB live session on the Sharman Ultra website at 6pm Central tonight. Ian has all of us doing it — me, Ellie Greenwood, Zach Bitter, Sean Meissner, Magda Boulet, and himself too. I can’t say I’m excited about being in those folks’ company in this context. At this point though, I’m mostly worried no one will show up and ask any questions — and I’ll be forced to follow the cats around the house to take up time. Or maybe I’ll visit the chickens out back. And then Ian will fire me, we’ll lose the house and end up on the street begging for donuts. So if you’re reading this, and you’re free at 6pm Central, please tune in. Here’s a link. And here are some softball questions you could ask:
- What makes for a good pacer?
- How do you prevent a blister?
- Why should trail runners take a Wilderness First Aid class?
- What running books do you recommend?
- What podcasts should I listen to while I’m running?
- What ever happened to that trail running safety survey?
- How should I train for Leadville if I don’t live in the mountains?
- Why are donuts good?
- What is Band of Runners? And how can I get one of those cool t-shirts to support military veterans and their families?
Running: 1 hours easy with pickups
Cross-training: Pressure washing!!