I’m starting to think about MdS as a restful vacation with a bit running thrown in. I’m not underestimating the desert...
Last day of vacationLiza
Today started off incredibly well. I went with a run with my friend, Brian, in Friedrich Park and then finished a few more miles with Eliot and the kids (baby jogger and bike). But right now I’m grumpy because the time between that run and now has disappeared. It’s 8:30pm and I haven’t even organized my To Do list. Gargh.
Some things that went well:
I managed to take the staples out of Asa’s head — and will have to come up with a new nickname for him. We had a long discussion about whether or not it was going to hurt. It didn’t. I’m really relieved I don’t have to take him out of school today and bring him and Ruby to the pediatrician’s office. I mean, I’m all for spending money and exposing kids to lots of germs, but it’s nice not to have to do it right before Bandera.
Asa and I continued to read Rick Riordan’s Magnus Chase together. We haven’t read a book together in far too long. And this is a nice balance of 8 year-old knee-slappers and Norse mythology. I even kept reading a while after he went to bed (which was not on the To Do list.)
Eliot made a good meal for all of us for dinner from 4 eggs and most of leftover vegetables in the fridge — migas-esque.
Asa’s log included a bit of rolling down a hill and Millenium Falcon drone flying.
OK, more of the 2016 Resolutions.
1. Keep a “3 Things That Went Well Today” log.
2. No sugar (except during training runs and races).
3. Run a sub- 2:50 marathon. That’ll be very hard for me. I would like to do that kind of hard work in 2016.
4. Help design the best Trail Camp for Team RWB yet. This will include daily work.
5. Blog daily. (Because interacting with all of you is wonderful.)
6. Host “Hills and Dales” Thursdays for the San Antonio Rockhoppers all year.
7. Do WOD Endurance during weekday mornings. My brother in-law is a believer, and people have asked me my thoughts on it before, so I’m going to do an experiment for 2016. I’ll have to modify it based on the equipment I’ll have in the garage, and the 20 minutes I’m willing to carve out for it. I’ll keep you posted.
8. Set aside an hour every weekday morning for Eliot to workout. He’ll have to advocate for himself on the weekends. 😉
9 and 10 will have to wait until tomorrow.