I’m starting to think about MdS as a restful vacation with a bit running thrown in. I’m not underestimating the desert...
Family picture and some resolutionsLiza
Happy New Year’s Eve from most of our family! I had to crop out some folks for security reasons — and, sadly, my beautiful sister on the other end of the couch was collateral damage.
I love how Asa looks like he’s about to do a school picture pose — and how Eliot looks like he’s being squashed.
I’m still working on New Year’s resolutions. Here are the first ones in no particular order. There will be ten — because it’s a nice round number.
1. Keep a “3 Things That Went Well Today” journal. Akin to a gratitude journal. I’ll keep them here, of course. Asa too.
2. No sugar (except during training run and races). I did this for most of 2015, and I didn’t suffer energy lows during the day like I did when I ate more donut-y things. If a lack of sugar can keep me even-keeled emotionally, then I’ll take the donut hit. (You’re welcome, Eliot.) (And there goes my Dunkin Donuts sponsorship.)
3. Run a sub- 2:50 marathon. That’ll be very hard for me. I would like to do that kind of hard work in 2016.
4. Help design the best Trail Camp for Team RWB yet.
5. Blog daily. (Because interacting with all of you is wonderful.)
6. Host “Hills and Dales” Thursdays for the San Antonio Rockhoppers all year.
Really, this just entails me sending out a notice on Wednesdays and sitting in the neighborhood bar from 6pm – 9pm. And there’s a big happiness return on the tiny investment.
7-10. These’ll have to come tomorrow because I need to help my mom in the kitchen.
And I can’t figure out how to post the cousins’ anniversary video for my parents. But here are some screen shots that give you the feel of the thing. 🙂