Liza Howard. Ultrarunning Mom.

Ultrarunning Mom

Elbert: Check

Brian and I ran up Mt. Elbert yesterday after class.

(Witness the challenge of the 5’1 and 6’6 person photo.)  (And don’t our teeth look kind of huge?)

We didn’t have a lot of time for posing because there was a nice clap of thunder as soon as we got there.

Brian was kind enough to be a patient in our night rescue scenario afterwards. I wish I had a picture of his open fracture with lots of blood for you — but I forgot.

16 thoughts on “Elbert: Check

1. John says:

Smart Liza! When running in lightning, make sure you’re not the tallest thing around. Isn’t Brian handy?

2. ATAlvarado says:

Nice pic! :)

3. Tonym1211 says:

Worried about you guys after Eliot told me what you were doing and hearing of storms in that area. Are you sure you’re 5’1″?

4. Erin says:

those classes sound intense.

cute photo!

5. Niki says:

Ha! Love that pic – you guys are cute. Those mountains sure look nice too….

6. Domingo says:

Nice! At least with that clap of thunder made you and Brian run much faster. Finishing quicker for that alcoholic beverage after.

7. Eliot Howard says:

Mt Ebert? Is that next to Mt. Siskel? Thumbs up on the picture.

8. Fritz says:

Hey Liza! All your ultrarunning WFR scenarios at HMI inspired me to go for a trail run (on purpose). I had to eat my words as a mountain biker snob (“Running is for prey”), but they tasted surprisingly good. I ran Mt. Sneffels from the Blue Lakes TH outside Ridgway (13.6 mi RT, 4800′ vert) and had a great time. I may have to do this again sometime.

Also, I made a WFR review poster and hung it by my door so I can scrutinize the s/s’s and tx’s of various maladies each time I walk outside.Thanks for being a great instructor!

• Liza Howard says:

That’s awesome Fritz!  Be careful though, it’s a slippery slope from Mt. Sneffels to running 100 miles.
      It was so great getting to meet you.  I hope our paths cross again before too long.