Liza Howard. Ultrarunning Mom.

Ultrarunning Mom

Bzzzz

So Asa’s soccer team is calling themselves the Green Hornets.  This was my friend Tom’s suggestion — as they’ll be wearing little neon green shirts and little neon green socks over their tiny shin guards during games.  He also suggested they make buzzing sounds to strike fear in the hearts of their opponents.  This is probably a good idea since only four of the team were inclined to participate in practice Monday.  The rest clung to their parents in fear or defiance.  At least buzzing like hornets would give the clingers something to do.  Poor little guys.  Honestly, if you’re ever having a bad day, let me know and I’ll send you a video of one of the practices.  The cuteness will cheer you right up — if it doesn’t turn you to stone first.

It’s late and I’ve got to jump into bed, so I can get up early try and catch up on some leg and core workouts.  And then run and run.  I hate getting behind.  It totally saps my motivation.  I’ve spent most of today trying (and largely failing) to get caught up.

Here’s a picture from that talk the other night.  I love it because I have no idea what could have possibly caused me to gesture like that — and because of that classic plate of Tex-Mex food in the foreground.

Sleep: 6 hours

Run: 0

Food Log:

Tags: ,

12 thoughts on “Bzzzz

1. Pommers says:

Looks like a good candidate for a caption competition if you ask me :-)

• lizahoward says:

You first. :) And how’s the hip?

• Pommers says:

Not bad thanks! Good enough to have just dispatched my wife to the Marathon des Sables this morning.
        If you were a fisherman the response would be a little too obvious, but for an ultra runner it would have to be something like
        “… and the spiders I saw on the trail were this big” or
        “… then apply this much Vaseline to your feet the night before.” or
        “… I was this far from Scott’s heels when I lost my footing.”
        Keep well :-)

2. Kerry Rodgers says:

That is an awesome pic!

3. Shannon says:

I miss tex mex, and yes I would love some video of the soccer practices… I could use some cuteness (having one of those weeks! I am swamped). Hope you and Eliot are well, I will update you update you later!

4. Anna Williams says:

My first soccer team was called the Purple Dynamites.

Go Green Hornets!

5. olivia says:

YEAH!!
    BUZZZZZZZ!

I am so excited for their little team!
    They are pretty darn cute if I do say so myself :)